I turned on SNL last night because I always try to watch some of it when I get a chance. It is a show that I have been watching since the 80s on and off and even though it has LOTS and LOTS of crappy skits - you sometimes come across that one gem. Here is one of the many gems from SNL. Dana Carvey is one of my favorites from the show.
Choppin' Broccoli
But the reason I was writing today was because John McCain was on the show in a couple of different skits. If you have an opinion on this - please share it in the comments. I can't make up my mind if I think it is okay for SNL to have politial people on its show, even if he was poking fun at himself. It just made me uncomfortable.
1 comment:
IMHO, it's not the most appropriate arena during an election. Unless SNL is paying close attention to the amount of camera time each (flesh-and-blood) candidate is receiving, it could become slanted quickly. Also, not every candidate is going to find this the most successful campaign tool; let's face it, some politicos are just funnier/wittier/more affable than others.
Let the candidates come on once the votes are cast, and let the writers have their way with cast impersonations and Weekend Update coverage while the race is being run.
(side note: I still think Kristen Wiig is a better Nancy Pelosi than Nancy Pelosi!)
Post a Comment