Thursday, July 8, 2010

'A' Words

I am feeling a bunch of 'A' words are appropriate for my feelings today.

Anxious and Anticipating are the two biggies.

I am planning a trip that is going to require physical toughness and I am just not sure where I am from 3 years ago.

Can I carry a 50 pound pack on my back? Am I going to be able to walk a few miles with that 50 pounds?

I think I am tougher because I carry my 30+ pound 2 year old around daily so that should have been good training. But I don't like the not knowing for sure. I don't want to be the weakest link! Getting older just plain sucks in that category.

I am excited to be on the water with my paddle, water bottle, and friends. I am anticipating that all my fears will melt away after I ask my hubby to help me heft the pack on and I take off down the portage for the first time in a while.

2 comments:

Meredith said...

Here's another A word - Awesome!!
You will be great. Remember it is a group effort, you don't have to do it all by yourself. We just got our permit for the 14th and I CAN'T WAIT. We will have to share pics and stories when we are both back. Have fun.

Jess said...

Have a wonderful time! I can't wait to see photos.