Friday, September 10, 2010

Friday

Friday has new meaning for me.

All of a sudden, I can't leave early on a Friday and take off to points beyond. I haven't been tied to a school schedule in many moons. I won't detail exactly how  long it has been just to keep the illusion alive.

School has gone well - I think. I can't believe how hard it is to get something coherent out of a kid. Well... I can believe it - I wish it were easier.  Recess and music are her favorite parts still. I can't wait to meet this awesome music teacher. I guess she already has an ex-friend. Someone doesn't want to be her friend anymore. That was quick but inevitable.

I think I am ready for my glass of wine and then off to bed.
T.G.I.F.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can remember what Friday used to be like. For me, now,
it's Wednesday when I stop working
for earned income.
There is just a faint feeling of
freedom, pure and simple
just lightly hanging over my breath
just a touch of excitement.
So-enjoy those Friday moments
They will not be yours forever

Love, Maj D