Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Happy Birthday Mom!

Today is my Mom's birthday. She shares it with the Pope. Isn't she lucky? I was thinking maybe I should get her some Prada shoes so they have more in common... :)

Tonight I took a history quiz. I am happy and sad to say that I scored right around average which was about 66%. I was happy that I knew so many of the answers but sad that I didn't score better. I know my history - but some of the questions about inflation, bonds, and authors/theory I didn't know. There was more to it than what I would consider 'history'. If you take the quiz - post your score in the comments. I would like to see what you get.

In other news, B is really listening to MD and I when we spell our words because obviously we don't want her to know what we are discussing. It is so funny/cute when she decides to 'spell' her words when she is frustrated with us. She also asks me 'Mom, what does n-u-n spell?' or 'Mom, what does f-o-w spell?'. A lot of the time my answer is 'nothing'! Now that we have been doing this for a few days - I have been adding letters if I can to spell a word. Repetition is the key, right?

And finally, if you are looking to get rid of some chapter books - my sister-in-law is hoping to expand her library. She is moving from being a first grade teacher to a second grade teacher. So if you have any - let me know.

5 comments:

Scott Rohr said...

Happy birthday, Cate's mom.

Ugh, that quiz was hard. I got 74%. I should go to school or something.

Anonymous said...

hi it's dad

Meema said...

Hi, Cate's dad!

Cate said...

Yeah Dad!!! Your first comment!!!

Anonymous said...

Not that we are bragging, but we both did beat those Harvard grads!
Ps I would bring Berit into the spelling game - she will soon be ahead of all of us anyway.
Dad