Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Duck, Duck,...













Okay.
What you say after this depends on what part of the country you are from.
I learned in the car today coming home from daycare that my daughter has become a 'grey duck'!
And then when I tried to tell her that I grew up saying 'GOOSE', she said 'But Mom, Grey Duck is right and Goose is wrong.

I guess I should get used to it. It won't be the first time that I am told by my kid(s) that I am wrong.

7 comments:

Scott Rohr said...

It's so sad when, despite a parent's best efforts, the child doesn't turn out okay. Hopefully Dane won't be such a disappointment.

Grey duck. Sigh. A promising future, ruined.

Cate said...

Exactly what I said! Dane is my last hope.

Meema said...

As much as I respect everyone's upbringing, no matter how unfortunate, I beg to differ here. Many people have grown up to be happy, contributing members of society after living La Vida Grey Duck.

Creativity is highly stimulated by a rousing game of multi-colored and multi-patterned ducks; it also reinforces a positive global perspective.

I'm just sayin'.

Purple duck.

Anonymous said...

How about "GREY GOOSE?!"

Cate said...

I don't think B will go for that. She is a stickler for detail. Gotta love 3 yr olds. :) Good idea though.

Anonymous said...

Scott, I think it is your job as Godparent to make sure that D. ends up on the right side of the world and is a Goose. What happened to kids in MN that they all learned Grey Duck?

deb said...

Another Minnesotan for Gray Duck here.

Also, we ran toward the "ghool" when we played tag (maybe that was just on my block) and when it was time to start a new round of kick-the-can we yelled "Ole Ole Olson free."