Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Keep Hoping

I keep hoping that the weather guys are going to be proven wrong but I am not holding my breath. I kind of did this to myself though. I have been so frickin' positive about winter and then I went around saying 'It can snow at Christmastime and that is it'. Well - be careful what you wish for right? Cripes.

'Christmas is coming, the goose is getting fat, please to put a penny in the old man's hat, if you haven't got a penny, a hay penny will do, if you haven't got a hay penny, God Bless You.' is running through my head. Living in the Big City - I see some homeless people with signs asking for help. What do I do? Do you hand cash out to strangers? I would like to help but what is the best way?

Tonight I will be wrapping. I am going to try to get most of it done but leave a little for the Eldest to help me with. But as parent's know - 'help' from kids is sometimes more work.

I have resigned myself to staying home from church on Christmas Eve. I can't justify asking MD or someone else to be out in the yuck at midnight to watch my kidlets. I wish we didn't sing on Christmas Eve. Maybe with our new director - that will change. The thing is that as the kids get older - it will stop being an issue. (I look forward to the kids getting older for that reason.)

Merry Christmas Eve Eve! I hope you and yours have a safe and happy holiday season.

No comments: