Tuesday, August 31, 2010

New Chapters

My life has some big changes in it right now.
Sometimes it is hard to sit back, relax, and try to make memories of this time of my life.
Both kids are in big transitions and I am right in the midst of it.

My 6 year old starts kindergarten tomorrow.
She is so ready.
I drew flowers on her backpack and lunchbag this evening to make them unique. I am sure that there will be some other little girls at school that have the same back pack. Hello Kitty is still pretty popular.

My 2.9 year old is almost potty trained. He DOES NOT want to wear diapers anymore. He wants to wear Diego Pull Up! We are so excited to almost be out of diapers. My one question is do we have to have a full box of 60 diapers when he finally decides to be done with them? Is that the way the world works?

Thankfully my work and MD's work are stable and understanding. I told my boss that I might be a bit late tomorrow and weepy and she said she expected no less.  I don't want to cry tomorrow. I wish I could understand why I cry. Why do we cry at happy occasions? Is the emotion so overwhelming that we have to let it out through tears?

Before we even get to the school thing - I have to get my kids to sleep. That doesn't make me cry at all - that just makes me a bit frustrated.

So say a little prayer for my munchkin tomorrow and let's hope she wants to go back the next day!

2 comments:

Jess said...

She's gonna love Kindergarten!

Meredith said...

Kindergarten is the best! You will both be fine. My advice: remember where you put the 1st day of school pics every year - before you know it you will need the whole set for her graduation party.