Week! Month! April is gone and here we are in May already. It is hard to believe that it has been over a month since my last post.
Work has been busy. Turnover and review time make for a little more stress in the work place. I think my mantra is 'the only thing you can count on is change'. But I love my job and where I work so it is nothing I can't handle.
Then there is politics and international happenings. A certain terrorist was extinguished this last week. It is hard to rejoice in anyone taking a human life and I whole-heartedly agree with Martin Luther King Jr whom I will paraphrase here - Darkness isn't overcome by darkness - but by light. Violence is only going to perpetuate more violence. We must believe and realize that. So to all my readers out there not from the USA - please believe that what our media is putting in the headlines isn't what we all believe. We are not all jumping up and down about this. It is a very complicated issue.
And what about all the tornadoes in the southern United States last week and weeks prior? How can we not be afraid of what is happening to our Earth when our weather continues to become more extreme? How many more tornadoes this decade did we have than in the 1950s? How many times has the Mississippi flooded in the past twenty years? All good questions that we need to be dealing with.
So heavy times here at the blog. Which is part of the reason why I haven't posted in a while. No since in dragging everyone down in the dumps with me. Not that I am depressed - just doing a lot of heavy thinking which isn't always fun to write about to a random audience. :)
Take care of those you love and remember that random acts of kindness go a long way.
1 comment:
Thank you for this post. I've been troubled about the bloodthirst I've heard from others about Bin Ladens death, a unpopular sentiment - but no less true.
Post a Comment