Wednesday, June 6, 2012

A Poem for Today

One item I would like to add to my new years resolution, hey do this cause it will be good, bucket type list is I would like to learn more poetry. So without any further ado - here is a poem I found today to share with you.


Bed in Summer

BY ROBERT LOUIS STEVENSON
In winter I get up at night
And dress by yellow candle-light.
In summer, quite the other way,
I have to go to bed by day.

I have to go to bed and see
The birds still hopping on the tree,
Or hear the grown-up people's feet
Still going past me in the street.

And does it not seem hard to you,
When all the sky is clear and blue,
And I should like so much to play,
To have to go to bed by day?
Source: A Child's Garden of Verses (1999)

2 comments:

Marquitta J said...

That was really nice. It has a calmness to it...It could be a lullaby. :) Thanks for sharing

Anonymous said...

I remember that book- but what are you doing staying up until 12:10
am? ps - I do not think a robot
could prove they are not human-
if that fair?