Friday, June 15, 2012

A Quote

Remember back in the 70s and 80s when we would gather around the television for certain tv events like 'Wizard of Oz', 'Sound of Music', and saturday morning cartoons? Well - one movie that I saw more than once in my childhood was 'Slipper and the Rose'. It is a Cinderella story and I absolutely fell in love with it.
I was thinking about looking for another poem to post here but decided instead to post a favorite quote from a favorite movie. I am not sure if you can get this movie easily yet. I was given the VCR movie version many years ago and it wasn't cheap.

I suppose I shall simply have to rise to the occasion and do something spectacular, yet again. And spectaculars always take so much out of me... It was the same with Snow White. All the same, you young girls: never do as you're told! Men are MUCH easier. --Fairy Godmother in 'Slipper and the Rose'



No comments: