Please Note: This entry has some references to topics that may not be suitable for some men. I have a few in mind that will not want to read this. :)
Okay - so I decided to do a quick Google on Wet Nurses. Turns out they are making a minor comeback according to a Time Magazine article. In this article they even say that cross breastfeeding is happening. Interesting. I feel that breastfeeding is the best for my baby but I couldn't ever imagine breastfeeding someone else's baby. WAY too much time and energy...
I think you can even purchase breastmilk online. No thanks.
Happy Monday.
5 comments:
That would be a huge commitment for someone else's offspring. It would have to be very handsomely compensated, I'd imagine!
In support of women everywhere, I read through the entire post. I think reproduction is a beautiful and natural process. As long as it's never spoken of.
You didn't mention that wet nurses are usually nursing teir own baby as well as taking on another. As someone who has tried nursing two babies (and only managed to feed about 1 and 1/2), all I can say is "Ouch."
My question is: why do they call them Wet Nurses?? Are they wet? I guess I should read the Time article for further information. Wet Nurse sounds really Victorian-I think in the novels of Dickens a wet nurse appears at least once-and she usually is a pretty funny character. That's why I love Dickens-in fact, it may be time to start re-reading the novels again!
OMG - would there ever be time during the day when someone wasn't adhered to your chestal region??
Post a Comment