Sunday, October 19, 2008

OMG I am a failure!

You know, I was dreading today. I knew it was going to be bad because my kids just do not do well with a change in routine. But holy grey hair Batman! B insisted she HAD to do this project before we left and then take it with us to church. D was screaming about being left alone several times.

We got to church about 20 minutes late. Got through choir practice okay. Then it went down hill. I didn't get up to the service until 10:15 or so because SOMEBODY wouldn't go to sunday school and somebody else had a wet diaper. Then D wouldn't calm down and I was back and forth between nursery and sunday school trying to convince myself and them that we could do this. I finally left them together in the nursery.

I sang the anthem and then left early because I was so freaking hungry and I wasn't paying attention to the service anyway. So all that sweating for about 20 minutes of service.

Now in about 3 hours, I get to do it all again. Really.

My question to the world is HOW DO SINGLE PARENTS DO IT?!?!?!?!?!?

P.S. MD - I will be sending you + kids to Staples without me soon.

3 comments:

Meema said...

You.
Are.
Not.
A.
Failure.

You're an awesome mom!

Seriously, this one's gotta be chalked up to a wrinkle in B's world (I'm sure D tapped into those feelings in his non-verbal way). This afternoon will be sooo much easier - they'll both be in the nursery, happy after lunch. I'd be glad to bring Kidlet's Sit-and-Spin as something "new" to distract B.

Single parenting is hard, but with two kids?? Props to you, woman!

Cate said...

Thanks Meema.
Now I am going to let B sit on the computer for all hours. Ugh.

Meema said...

Show her how to make people on South Park Studio. heh heh heh

http://www.sp-studio.de/