I have always said that one of the perks of having kids is that there would always be someone in the house that would be able to learn all that new fangled technology faster than me. I think one of the reasons kids do so well with computers is because they have no fear. We tried to hide Firefox from B so that she wouldn't watch stuff or play games without us and she watched me find it once and then could navigate back to it. Kids.
I watched the squirrel in the heated bird bath this morning. We have a cute squirrel with a short tail in the neighborhood. He is up in the crabapple tree right now having a snack. I am always surprised that they can get so far out on the branch without falling right off the end.
I felt really good singing this morning. Usually about the time we have to sing in church, all the junk in my throat and sinuses is good and stirred up so I have a hard time. But today it stayed put.
It is finally getting cold here. We were at 15 degrees this morning with a wind chill factor of something below that. I am really trying hard to be positive about this season instead of just hating it. I know I need to be better prepared. I spent about 2 hours online searching for different hat options. It would be nice to wear a hat and not have hat head. One of the suggestions was to have a short hair cut. I don't agree with that. Any time you have a hair style with any volume you are going to be in trouble.
D is down for his nap and I can hear him counting... 2... 3.... 4.... 5.... 2.... 3... 4.... 5 Sometimes we will hear a one or an eight but he likes that sequence right now.
I did make sugar cookie dough last night so we are going to try to bake cookies tonight and then probably frost another day. Hopefully the dough will turn out okay. I did the dough by myself last night with a little help from B. I had to wonder a few times if I was doing it correctly.
Alright - I should get back to my knitting.
It is sunny here today so it is nice to sit at the table and daydream out the window.
2 comments:
Henry counted to 20 but skipped 16 for about 6 months.
There is something so endearing about that...
You don't know right you are C about technology and Kids. I felt I had a major victory the other day when I hooked up some sort of digital signal processor - from the exterior line of the cable to the TV so we could add a channel we wanted - we also got 3 right wing religious channels and 2 shopping channels also - but that is a digression- After hooking up - it almost worked until I called the service man who had to come and reconnect it - into the tv first then the video etc etc - of course he was a former student of mine - but I said - If you were home this never would have happened!!! I miss you!!
Love MajD
Post a Comment