Today is the last day that I am 34.
Do you have an age in your mind that you wanted to get somethings done?
I wanted to have my babies by the time I was 35. check!
I am trying not to be hung up about age but as I pass these 'milestone' ages - it is hard.
When I was really young - I would look forward to 20 and I couldn't imagine what my life would be like. It seemed so far away. And then I was 20 and I realized I had never looked beyond that point. 35 has been my next age that I have looked forward to and that didn't happen until fairly recently. When I realized that at 35 the medical community treated a pregnant woman differently, I wanted to try to have my kids before that. Now that I have two children, it seems I am moving on to the next phase of my life. What age will I look forward to? 40? 50? Being the contrarian that I am, those ages are too simple. When I realize the age I will be when the kids graduate from high school, college, get married, have kids of their own - those will be the ages I look forward to and try to imagine my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment