With gas prices being through the roof and my one-way 20 mile commute, I have made a conscious decision to drive slower. Some people have not.
My own vice (Mom, don't read this part) is talking on the phone in the car.
Today I was driving the speed limit with a motorcyclist on my bumper. It is a fairly busy street and as he passed me he screamed 'Get off the phone!'. Geez. I wanted to scream 'Stop being an asshole and drive the speed limit with a helmet!' But I didn't.
My sister said to me that her husband in those types of situatons says 'I'm calmer than you!'
Unfortunately, I am not.
I think (again, Mom divert your eyes) I should move to rural america. I am so fed up with people who think they need to be so aggressive on the road. Living in the city lends itself to behavior that you wouldn't see in a rural area where everyone knows you. City = anonymity.
So please remember when you are behind a car going the speed limit - take a deep breath and wave as you pass.
1 comment:
So we are driving back from (a certain unnamed store on the edge of town) and there was a women zoomed up right behind us - talking on her cell and waving at the kids and riding my bumper - I wanted to go the speed limit - in part because she was so close and she was pissed. Well - it happens in our old home state doesn't it! But that is all made up and it really never happened and you can come with your family and live in the basement with the cats whenever you want to! love you, guess who. ps - why do you have to do the funny word
Post a Comment