Thursday, July 3, 2008

Sweet Niblits!

Obviously, when a family has two kids - comparisons are made and difference and similarites are talked about with everyone from your spouse to the lady waiting behind us at the grocery store.

When B was born, she was a big baby. 8lbs 6 ozs. But now she is almost 4 and still wears 2T pants. She is long and thin right now and last night I caught her wearing D's 3 month pants again.

Now when D was born, he was about the same size. (Sorry I can't remember the weight. That is the curse of the 2nd born.) But he is closing in FAST on 20 lbs and he is 6 months TODAY!!! Happy 6 months!

So when our server at our favorite local pizza place said that he could guess how old D was... I laughed and said 'Okay, how old do you think he is?'

He said '10 Months and very advanced for his age'. (Obviously trying to soothe me if he guessed too young.)

I said 'Nope! 6 months tomorrow.'

He said 'Sweet Niblets! What are you feeding him?' The look of surprise was evident and the response was so immediate that the table burst into laughter.

The table which included our friends Ya ya and Stees laughed long and hard about that one.

Sweet Niblets!

1 comment:

Meema said...

LOVE the new exclamation! I will have to use that in a sentence...

Have a great holiday weekend, AnderClan!