Saturday, February 6, 2010

Itchy Foot

We had a good day today. It was a day that I didn't think about what I was going to do next - I was just busy.I got some organizing done, had a gyro for lunch (my new favorite fast food meal), went to Como Zoo with lots of other people with the same good idea, and had some conversation time with my In-laws and MD's sibs/kids.  Good Times.

Como Zoo was actually an interesting trip. Like I said earlier - it was packed but it didn't feel like it in the zoo part. We were there fairly late in the day so maybe everyone was leaving as we were moving through.

We saw the lions and the male actually put on quite a show for us with some roaring and then the female was running around the room. Won't be surprised if there is a new little cub in a few months.

We also watched a very large gorilla. He was laying down with his buns pressed up against the window itching his foot. He scared D. I think one of his fingers was as big as three of my fingers. It is fascinating to see this amazing creatures so up close and personal but I always have this nagging feeling about caging living things for their entire lives when they should be in 'the wild'. It is especially hard for me to see the gorillas caged up. I always hope they are well taken care of.  Makes me wonder if they are pondering the meaning of life.

No comments: