Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Update on the coat situation

Sorry Mom - this will be old news...

So I think I have spent at least 20 hours searching for a winter coat online.  The bad thing about the whole thing is that I know what I want. My normal way of shopping is to say 'eeny meeny miney moe' which color do I like best today.  Well... I guess it is a little more involved than that - it does need to fit - but I don't like to search and search. So this coat search has been more involved than usual.

I want a coat - down or synthetic insulation - with a insulated attached hood - long enough to cover my buns - and not some nasty color or pattern.  So I have checked LL Bean, Lands End, REI, BackcountryOutlet.com all online. Plus I have searched REI's Maple Grove and Bloomington stores.  I have found some possibilities but nothing I have fallen in love with.

I almost made a decision yesterday to buy a down filled parka from LL Bean but I wasn't crazy about the color and I wasn't sure I could wear the size that was available.  So I hemmed and hawed about it for half a day and after I showed MD the coat - I thought - yeah - for the price, I can't go wrong with this.  So I started clicking back to the coat and when I got there.....  wait for it..... it was SOLD OUT!!!  Argghhhhh.

Oh well. You know if I couldn't make it happen - it wasn't made to be.
I have to let it go.

The only problem is that I will probably have to start my search all over again.
That is just my luck sometimes but its okay. Half the fun is looking for it when you know exactly what you want.

If you are in the Upper Midwest tomorrow - enjoy your last sub-zero temps of the winter...
At least that is what the weatherman said this morning. Let's not jinx it.

No comments: