Saturday, December 15, 2007

Xmas thoughts

My parents and my sister's family were here this weekend to celebrate our Xmas' together.

It was good.

The food was excellent. We used our china and nice silverware, and my mom did dishes for me which may seem like a small thing but it isn't for me. Its those little things that people do for you that are special. Thanks Mom!

B. loved to open her presents and was very willing to help the rest of us. It was very cute because we were arranged in a semi-circle in the living room in front of the fireplace and she would pull her rocking chair to each person and help each of us open our presents. The other fun part to her present opening was her excitement with each present that she opened and then how easily she moved on. We did open a few things on the spot which was fun too.

One side note: I had told my mom that I didn't want to do stockings this morning after an evening of present opening - but as I woke up this morning - I was a little disappointed that I had made that decision. I was a bit surprised by that realization. I am not the traditionalist - that is my sister but maybe I do need a bit of that holiday routine too.

So now I probably won't see my family until my baby is here in the world. 19 days and counting.

No comments: