Tuesday, October 20, 2009

I really do love my husband...

Since the early years of my marriage, I have wondered out loud many times why on earth someone thought it was a good idea to share a bed with another human being on a regular basis.
It could have been a man's idea for obvious reasons or else it was pushed by women thinking that it was progress. Ugh.

Here are some reasons I don't like to sleep with my life partner:
  1. I am a bit lighter than him so I roll to the middle and then am accused of 'hogging' the bed.
  2. I don't generate as much body heat so I am accused of stealing the covers or 'hogging' the bed when I snuggle with him and fall asleep.
  3. I like to go to sleep later than him which means I move the bed when I finally go to bed an hour or more after him. Which means he opens his eyes and looks at the clock so he can make me feel guilty.
Does every spouse, partner, 'bed sharer' feel this way or am I alone?

I say - lets rise up and show this culture that we want separate beds and better yet - separate rooms! Let the kids sleep together. They sleep through each other's noise and don't even change position when they get hit in the arm by the other's foot as they are traveling around the bed in their sleep.

You need more reasons to have your own bedroom? You should read this to confirm even further why we should sleep separately. His-and-her wings?? Now you are talking.

Okay - I am off to put my ice cold feet on my hubby. My sweet revenge.

3 comments:

Jess said...

I split our bedroom into bed and craft areas and I think My husband would definitely like to have his own room where it wasn't so messy.

Anonymous said...

I like your blog! and wish you would do it every Day!! Love Majd

Ellen said...

I've been missing your blog, as I have not done much with mine for a time. On beds, let me say one man in the bed is far easier than five dogs, even small ones, but then you probably instinctively know that.