Friday, October 23, 2009

Tick Tock

I was sitting at the dinner table this week and couldn't remember how old I was.
I wondered what that meant.
MD just walked by, read this, and said, "It means your old. Duh."

I choose to think that I have entered the 'age-ambiguous' time of my life.
For example - no one asks me how old I am anymore because it is an awkward question for a thirty-something. Does the person asking think I look older than thirty?
And I am no longer waiting anxiously to get older. Black balloons and 'over the hill' are exciting only for those birthday planners.

So at the dinner table I ended up putting an extra year on. I am not going to tell you what that number was. I guess that is another part of getting older - forgetting as a way to cope.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

we want more
we want more
we want more!!