Monday, October 19, 2009

My Sweet B

I have caught myself telling B things that I remember my Mom telling me when I was little.
No, not 'stand up straight' (and yes, I just sat up) but 'hurry up' has been a big one lately. She has started tying her own shoes and it has to be perfect (thanks MD) or else it will be done over.

If you are a parent - isn't it interesting to watch those traits you associate with yourself pop out in your offspring?

B is definitely her own person. I wasn't as creative or thoughtful as she is. On many occasions this summer, letters and presents were delivered to different neighbors. I loved it because it meant her craft was going to a new home where it would be loved and not in a box or sitting on the table gathering stuff. She definitely has her own village here in the big city that she has fostered and cared for all by herself.

As we have moved into 5 year old status - she has changed her mind on Halloween a bit as well. Suddenly she is frightened of the skeletons and other decorations that have been up every year since she was little. Also we have moved from being a princess the last two years to wanting to be a vampire this year. Of course we have to make sure we are checking things off the list - cape check, teeth, a 'v' on her forehead. She was also talking about turning into a bat (I don't think that will happen.) Hopefully we can make this happen for her. I am sure her brother is going to go as himself or maybe a farmer this year. He is 1 (almost 2) for goodness sake. Who cares. :)

Alright. I did take pictures of the shed and I still haven't posted them. That is why I like the camera on my phone so much. EASY! FAST! CONVENIENT! md - I think I need a new phone.

Night!

No comments: